-->

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Take Me Back!!!

Okay, so this is Todd checking in now. Rachel is the pro at this blogging stuff, but now I will take a swing at it. So, this past week while I was shoveling my car out of 18 inches of snow, I thought back a few months and remembered our recent trip to Hawaii. In an effort to bring me out of my deep winter slumber, I will share a few of the highlights from our trip. Let's be honest, this is probably more for me and my sanity than for you, but bear with me...

So, our trip began with me accidentally hitting myself in the face with my own belt buckle as we came out of security check. Don't ask, it was a Connie Allen moment. We always make fun of my Mom for doing "clutsy" type stuff, and now I do this, truly a classic moment. It made my nose bleed and it gave Rachel a good laugh. I have added a picture for your viewing pleasure.




We arrived in Hawaii a few hours later to the amazing Marriott Ko Olina Beach resort. It was an awesome resort, and at the moment we arrived I knew this was going to be a great trip.



Rachel and I spent the majority of our trip relaxing on the beach and at the resort. We also spent some time enjoying the typical sights such as Pearl Harbor, Hanauma Bay, Dole Plantation, The Polynesian Cultural Center, The Hawaii Temple etc. One day that we really enjoyed was our catamaran trip, Being on the water in this amazing catamaran was truly a highlight of our trip.



Most nights were spent with dinner at the resort where we could watch the sunset. Those of you who have been to Hawaii know all about the sunsets. They are truly the best sunsets in the world!




One day we encountered a little rain. I took a nice shot just to show you that the weather is not always perfect in Hawaii. It was only perfect seven of the eight days we spent there. Not too bad though...


We really enjoyed snorkeling in Hawaii. Hanauma Bay was nice. The coral was cool and I freaked out a couple of times when I saw some of the larger fish. As you all know, I am a very graceful swimmer(yeah right!) and so you can imagine Rachel's delight as she saw me flipping out as I was chased by a huge fish. Okay, maybe it was not huge, but it seemed huge at the time.


One fun experience was while we were at the North Shore. Our favorite beach is Waimea Bay. It is secluded and not over crowded. This is a great spot in Hawaii for thos of you planning on heading over. While were there we saw Coral and Abe from the Real World. Of course we had to get a picture so, I acted like a stupid tourist and stood over by them acting like I was posing for a landscape shot. They noticed me of course and so Rachel snagged a quick paparazzi style shot. If my banking thing does not work out, Rachel and I are moving to Hollywood to pursue a joint career as a papparazo's (I think that is the term). If Abe got mad at me, I was simply going to challenge him to the Gauntlet. Those of you who watch the Real World/Road Rules Challenge know what I am talking about. By the way, that is NOT me in the background with the ridiculous snorkel mask.

Well, this blogging thing has been very therapeutic for me. I hope you have enjoyed some of the highlights from our trip. There were many other incredible sights and activities, but I will try to keep this brief. I look forward to the winter weather coming to an end and the return of warm weather. Rachel and I are returning to the Hawaiian islands in April with my family where we will try out Kauai. We will be excited to share our next adventure with all of you... Stay warm out there and Aloha!

3 comments:

michellecluff said...

You guys will LOVE Kauai! It is the most beautiful island in the entire world!!! Your post made me get an incredibly huge case of Spring fever! Thanks Todd!

SusieQ said...

Todd! I'm so glad I found you and Rachel in blogland. Now you need to get your mom, Amy, Jody, and Chad to start a blog and we can all keep in touch better.

Check out my blog at www.susiecay.blogspot.com

My sisterSally's is www.sallycay.blogspot.com

Sure love you, Todd. Harold and the family all say hello. Oh, our names are all different on the blog for privacy reasons. But you know who we are. Our little guy is a foster child.

Hannah said...

Hey Todd and Rachel! I just saw your blog linked on Shelly's blog! Your trip to Hawaii looks wonderful. Ko Olina is so beautiful. Every time we visit my parents, we go there to swim in their man made ocean pools. The north shore is my favorite too.

It is so good to hear how you two are doing. We need to plan a little get-together with everyone...