-->

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Welcome to the D.I.N.K. Club

Dual Income No Kids

Definition: A financial term used for couples with no kids.

Members:
Tyler & Carlie Yearsley
Glen & Gabe Womble
Todd & Rachel Allen

Since the majority of our friends belong to the "family club", a few of us have decided to start our own club... The D.I.N.K Club. While this is not a status that we aspire for, it is where we are at this time in our lives and we are enjoying it. {This is only my opinion, I do not speak for the Womble's or the Yearsley's}.

Todd and I are enjoying our time together as we adjust to married life. "The sweetest feelings of life, the most generous and satisfying impulses of the human heart, find expression in a marriage that stands pure and unsullied above the evil of the world" {President Gordon B. Hinckley}. It's a wonderful thing to be married and I love my sweet husband.

With that being said, I will have to confess that when I see the cute babies of friends and family, I do get a little baby hungry and slightly envious of the joy that comes from starting a family. At this point, I am happy to be a member of the D.I.N.K Club and loving the joy that comes from being married to my sweetheart. Todd and I have been so blessed with amazing friends and we hope you all know that we love you and are so grateful for you and the blessings you have been in our lives.

P.S. If anyone would like to join the D.I.N.K Club please let me know and I am sure we can think of some sort of initiation process.
The Happy D.I.N.K Club Members

5 comments:

georgeandmarie said...

I love it!! At times I wish I were in your shoes... there are those days!! I do love my kids though and wouldn't trade them for anything... but I do dream of just being with George and not having anything else to worry about! Live it up!!!

Miss Gabe said...

Best post ever!!! I must say we are a pretty cool club. Love you dearly.

DINKS FOR LIFE!

michellecluff said...

I loved that time of life. I love little Brody but I'm so glad we had all that time before him to just hang out together. Live it up while you can!!

Beck said...

Rachel I found your blog through Marie's and you guys are awesome! Its so fun to see you guys are having a good time. Hope you are doing good. Keep in touch.
Megan Beck

bkjones said...

Oh sounds like fun! Can Braydn and I join in on the fun! Let me know about the initiations first!