My Dad's 80th birthday was celebrated in the form of a family reunion because he insisted it was not about him...
but we didn't listen...
for someone who has always made it about everyone else - it is time we made it about him - and that's what we did!
••••••••
Below is the book that my family and I put together for my dad. I got the idea from a book that Todd's Aunt gave Connie after Gary died. The book was full of letters from members of the family about Gary. It is such a special book. I wanted to do one for my dad so that he would be able to read it and KNOW how much we all loved him. I started putting it together in February and was in the process of finishing it when he had his heart attack. I remember thinking - "What if he doesn't get to read the book?" but because of the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father and, might I add, my Dad's impeccable health :o) we were able to give it to him at our family reunion.
I have since realized the importance of making sure we are open and express our feelings of gratitude and love for each other NOW and not waiting until the person is no longer with us to say all the wonderful things we thought and felt about them.
I am so grateful for my family - all 102+ of them. They mean the world to me. I am grateful for my AMAZING spouse who I have loved for a really long time - I always knew we would get married :o) I am so grateful for my friends, both past & present - whether we have stayed in touch after high school or we are Blog/Facebook friends - I am grateful for the part you had/have in my life. What great memories I have because of you. I truly have been blessed in my life.
P.S. I love you all SO much!
Check out the book below - it includes pictures from my family reunion as well as all of the letters that my siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews wrote to my dad.
(NOTE: To view the book bigger - click on the 'We Love you the Most' link at the bottom. Then click the orange preview button. In the bottom right hand corner, click on the 'view fullscreen' button.)



1 comments:
wow that is quite the birthday present!!
Post a Comment