-->

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July in Lake Powell


We went to Lake Powell with some of Todd's family {Connie, Amy, John, Dane & Alexa (sister, bro-in-law, their 2 kids), Mandy (cousin) and 3 dogs} over 4th of July weekend.
Let me tell you - it was quite an adventure.
Without getting into too much detail here is an overview of our trip:

~Wednesday, July 2nd~
- Left at 10:00pm for Lake Powell.

~Thursday, July 3rd~
- Spent a great day out on the lake in Hite. There was no one else there - the water was awesome.
- Tried to watch a movie outside and ended up killing a rattlesnake - went back in the motor home.

~Friday, July 4th~
- Spent some more time on the lake.
- Ate lunch.
- Made a 50 mile trek {I might be exaggerating} on the boat from Hite to Bullfrog to watch the fireworks.
- Left Bullfrog around 11:00pm to make our way back to Hite on the lake. Get lost several times.

~Saturday, July 5th~
- Boat ran out of gas at 2:00am
- Help arrived at 7:30am
- Got back to camp at 8:30am
- We all took a long nap and then came home
All-in-all it was a great trip - the weather was great, the stars were bright and beautiful and it was great to spend time with family.

The morning we got there.
Knee-boarding and tubing




Me and Mandy

my CUTE hubby!

We got take-out at the Anasazi Restaurant on July 4th so we could go back to the boat to watch fireworks.

6 comments:

Gillett's said...

I TOLD YOU, that you'd have FUN!!!! An experience you'll never forget- LOL Love, Brooke

georgeandmarie said...

hahaha!! i can just see connie now!!! did you have fun on the boat just hanging out for a long few hours!! you will never forget your family trip to powell!!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

How fun. I bet you guys are really tan. Looks like you had a blast.

Rowley's said...

I'm glad I saw you too! Now I can comment on your blog and not just blog stalk! I am so jealous that you got go to Lake Powell. I've never been and hear storys ALL the time about how fun it is. And I love boating so I know I'd love it. (When I say I love boating, I love to RIDE in the boat, or tub but I'm not very good at the other stuff!)

bkjones said...

Rach you are way too sweet! I want to hang out too! How are you guys liking your place? Call me whenever, we should all do dinner or something! Oh ya, and I am jealous I want to go to Powell so bad!

Steve and Amanda said...

Looks like fun! Love the belt buckles...I will have to make fun of Josh for that one! Miss you guys! Love Amanda