
Those of you who know me, know that I am a big Romney supporter.This past week has been disappointing for me, but now I am going to start thinking toward 2012. In an effort to prepare for Mitt's victory in 2012, I thought that we should start thinking about how a Mormon president would function in the White House. I received this email and decided to share it with all of you. Enjoy!
If you are his new Bishop, here are some of your questions:
Will you allow an inaugural ball to be held in the cultural hall? Do you mount security cameras on top of each basketball rim and have a secret service detail stationed on the stage?
Can you call Mitt and Ann as the Nursery leaders...even if you really feel inspired?
Who is going to home teach them? Will you call someone who needs activation but may not pass the vetting and national security screening?
If Harry Reid and Mitt Romney are in the same High Priest group, will you need to be there to keep order?
Exactly how will tithing settlement work? Will the Secretary of the Treasury come too?
Will you be inviting the new Romney family to speak in Sacrament Meeting... and if they go a little over at what point do you ask them to sit down?
Can you call the Secret Service agents to help out in Primary?
If you give Mitt a calling and the two Democrats in the Ward raise their hand AGAINST sustaining him - partly out of habit - does the Supreme Court need to be involved?
If the President wants to hold Sacrament Meeting at Camp David or the White House for security reasons, is that a conflict of Church and State?
If you're assigned to be the Romney's Home Teacher:
Can you just drop by, no appointment?
Can you even call them for an appointment or do you have to go through the Chief of Staff?
Can you bring by Christmas sweets and cookies? Will they be analyzed? And for how many people - family, secret service details?
If you don't come can the IRS do an audit on you? Will they want to do a national security background check?
Do you have to help him move in and out of the White House?
If Ann Romney gets sick, are you allowed to bring in meals or at least tell the Relief Society about it?
What can you share with the Bishop about the Romneys?
Do you have to ask them about their year's supply?
By the way, Rachel told me that I was not allowed to post anything political to our blog. I think she is a little tired of my addiction to CNN and my emotional ties to the debates(Yes, I did scream at John McCain during a few of them...). Let's just keep this post our little secret okay?
Love you Rach!
15 years ago



7 comments:
CNN? Why the heck are you watching CNN?
So funny!!! George read these aloud to me and we were cracking up!!!
THanks for commenting on our blog. I am sad about Mitt too. I love the connie allen moment, and I love that you caught Coral and Abe in hawaii. Wish we could have been there..we are avid watchers of the Gauntlet and all those stupid shows! I hate how they suck you in. And I wish I was a member of your DINK club...those were the days. Life is much different now...a different fun!!! We love and miss you guys. Hopefully we will get out there in the fall sometime. Love ya!
I'm totally with you on Romney 2012... in fact, I was thinking we should take half of your used car "lot" and turn it into the unofficial Romney 2012 headquarters. If that's not the greatest idea you've heard today you've lost your stinkin mind! Ha ha! See you kids soon.
I just saw that you have a blog for you WHOLE family. Even though mine isn't as big...I think I am going to start one. Just thought I'd let you know I think it is a wonderful idea!!
We had so much fun just hanging out at dinner. I want to do a pot luck dinner thing maybe whith whoever wants to join in...what are your thoughts. I am trying to think of things to do till I can go out again and have a normal life!!
So you guys free Sat night? Mayan? A bunch of couples are getting together.
Have you ever noticed the resemblance between Mitt and my dad? Just last week in fact we were visiting and were riding Trax in SLC and some guy asked my dad if he's Mitt's brother. . . you may not even remember what my Dad looks like, but I swear. . . if Mitt ever makes it into the White House I think my dad will need secret service so no haters try to knock him off by mistake. . . :)
Post a Comment